Monday 12 November 2012

Sofar Sounds Living Room Gig

Hello! As promised, here is my post on the first Sofar Brum event! :-)

A few weeks back, on Saturday 27th October, I went to a living room gig as part of one of Sofar Sounds' gigs which was debuting in Birmingham! I went with my sister and a few friends (including Anna) and were also going to support our friend Nadi and her sister, Rukaiyah, who are both part of the musical duo, Cannon Street. They actually organised this particular Sofar Sounds event in Birmingham and held it in their own apartment! It was an amazing night full of great music and a truly wonderful atmosphere.

It was great to just sit back and enjoy the music without any interruptions. All four acts were genuinely so talented in their own rights, despite being quite different too. What's even more incredible is that the event was also free, although we did give a voluntary donation to help fund transport and editing of the videos. Nevertheless, we paid very little in terms of what we received, which was a really lovely night listening to some fantastic music in such a great atmosphere. I hope that I get to go to another Sofar Sounds event soon!

I sincerely apologise for the upcoming bombardment of photos. If ever there has been a severe case of photo-overload, I'm pretty sure this trumps it, but it was just such a fantastic night that I felt the need to share all of the photos with you!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket 

1. The amazing Cannon Street (Nadi and Rukaiyah)
2. Social networking + Sofar Sounds
3. The second band, Count Drachma!
4. With the pals
5. More of Count Drachma
6. Cannon Street; Count Drachma
7. Home-made rainbow cupcakes!
8. Fairy lights everywhere
9. Living room gig!
10. To Kill A King!
11. The final act of the night, Goodnight Lenin
12. My friends with Rafe Offer, the founder of Sofar Sounds
13. Sofar Brum!

Told you this was going to be a massive photo overload! Anyway, hope you've enjoyed this post and the photos :-) Please check out Sofar Sounds as well as the bands mentioned in this post, they're all amazing!

Hope you're all well and gotten over the post-weekend blues. Happy blogging! :-)

Chloe xxx

4 comments:

  1. This looks like such an amazing idea, I wish there were things like this in Jersey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks lovely! I really like the fairy lights. Glad you enjoyed yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time with your friends. Just found your blog and I love it, now following

    Chloe xo

    stylethroughthelookingglass.blogspot.com

    P.S. We both have the coolest name ( ;

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment, so thank you in advance for visiting my blog! :-)