Wednesday 21 July 2010

"The life I want, there is no shortcut. "

Hello! So the end of school is very nearly here. I leave school tomorrow at lunch time as it's a half day and I can't wait, but at the same time, I really don't want this year to end. This week has been really good though, as well as my weekend. I chilled out on Saturday after the sleepover and then went for ice cream on Sunday with my sister, mum and some friends. I had a Ferrero Rocher sundae and shared some hot chocolate fudge cake and waffles! Then this week, school's finally been winding down due to the end of school. Missed out loads of lesson because of book return and Speech Day rehearsal. It was Speech Day this afternoon and I received my three awards for Form Academic, Maths and French. I also met Ben Wright, a Political Correspondent for the BBC who was a former pupil at my school and I received £30 worth of book vouchers in total. Can't wait to raid Waterstones for some great reads for this summer!

Here are some photos of my art and some randoms from this last week:
Photobucket
This is a drawing of my entire form. It's a little hard for you to see the likeness between the actual people, but many people have said that it really looks like their real-life counterparts and I was amazed at the positive responses! This is a last farewell to my Year 9 form and I did a photocopy for everyone, too.
Photobucket
Edie Sedgwick. Originally meant to be a clock in Tech, but decided against it. Painting took forever as I'm not so great with a paint brush!
Photobucket
Very, very, very old piece which was up on the walls in the Art corridor. Supposed to be a little surrealist depicting a large Doc Martens boot (pencil) in the middle of an eerie, quaint London street with a sun set in the background!
Photobucket
Me in a Burberry shirt from my father and leggings - simple outfit for Art Day.
Photobucket
My name in the Speech Day programme!
Photobucket
Autograph from Ben Wright, former pupil and BBC Political Correspondent!

I have just been eating some Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream and watching An Education. Seriously, that film is amazing and Carey Mulligan is beautiful. She's such a wonderful actress, I understand why she is so fully deserving of her BAFTA for her lead role. Therefore, the title of this post is a line from Carey Mulligan (as Jenny Millar) talking to her teacher after missing out on her chance to go to Oxford University. I don't particularly want to give any more spoilers, just go watch it!

Anyway, now I'm just thinking of which books to buy. I already know that I want to buy On The Road by Jack Kerouac and Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs. I have a longer list, but I'm not sure about some of them. Any recommendations?
Now I'm off to do some drawing with my new-found free time as I printed off a load of pictures earlier today and can't wait to get started! Hope everyone is doing well and I can't believe it's very nearly summer. In 9 days, I'll be off to London for 5 days: mostly for shopping and sight-seeing, but also decorating my aunty's new flat, baking cakes, playing scrabble. The usual. I get back on August 4th and then I go to America on August 7th, which doesn't leave me much time to pack!

Hope everyone's summers are going great! Happy blogging!
Chloe xxx

13 comments:

  1. great drawings and congrats on the award! i'm guessing you attend a private school/academy.. you're so lucky! i'd be so thrilled to go to london for school
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Nope, I go to a grammar school which is a free school, but I had to do an exam to get in.

    Chloe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great drawings! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a really nice day. :)
    Wow, those drawings look amazing, especially the form drawing! It looks so realistic.
    Congratulations; your name is all over the Speech Day programme, haha.
    Oh, the jealousy, London for 5 days and America! Have you already decided whether you go to Lollapalooza or not?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great art work! I'm pretty hopeless at art, so I am very impressed!

    You must be excited about your upcoming trips! I'm saving my Annual Leave at the moment, so I shall live vicariously through you. Be sure to take lots of pictures for me to drool over :)

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, you should be excited, America's amazing!
    Me and my friends are planning a one day trip to Paris, because I'm the only one allowed to stay abroad a few days.
    But it would be too expensive anyway; I'm trying to save up some money to spend in Bali. =)
    Only four weeks until my final year starts; the following week and the week after I'm going to work with children in Rotterdam,
    just like last year. And in the remaining time I'm trying to catch up with my bèta side, haha.

    Have a nice vacation!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure I said it in the last post, but congrats on all the awards! And really nice work on the sketches. Drawing is something that I just can't do. I'm not that type of artist, so I always love to see good sketches. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations you little brain box on all those prizes! ahh ben wright, he's such a sweetheart isn't he? and i have to say rather dashing too! :D

    i can see you're a budding little artist! oh and congrats on winning that debate, although i completely disagreed with you - maths sucks! :p

    i hope you have an amazing summer! hopefully i'll bump into you on the tube as well,

    much love to you chloe! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shirt, and wow! These drawings are great. Your very talented.
    Panda xx
    + Thanks for the ultra amazing comment - you really are very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey.
    Just found your blog, hehe.
    Lovely post, and really great blog!! Btw. lovin' the Burberry shirt :-)
    I was hoping if you would take a look at mine, and maybe be a follower?
    Kisses.
    † http://julia-louise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment, so thank you in advance for visiting my blog! :-)